Welcome to my blog post series about using Pinterest with Kajabi! If you'd like to see all the articles on this topic, either click HERE or click the topic "Pinterest" in the right sidebar.
One of the best ways to get traffic to your Kajabi site is via Pinterest. You may think of Pinterest as "just for fun" or a "social media channel" but it's actually a huge search engine; it just happens to have a lot of pretty pictures :)
ErikaFriday.com participates in various affiliate programs. That means if you click on an affiliate link and end up making a purchase from that site, I may receive compensation. I only share products and sites I use, like, and/or believe will be beneficial to you.
Should Your Business Be on Pinterest?
Just like with Google, YouTube, and Amazon, when people are looking for information about a topic or product, they search on Pinterest. Don't believe me? The stats don't lie, baby.
According to Pinterest's own statistics:
- 250 million people use Pinterest every month
- 50%+ of new sign-ups are men (the audience is diversifying from "it's just women")
- 175 billion Pins
- 40% more people are on Pinterest than last year (I assume that means 2018 over 2017, since it's only January as I write this)
- 93% of Pinners use Pinterest to plan purchases
- 67% of Pinners say they’ve discovered a new brand or product from business content on Pinterest
- 1 of 2 people have made a purchase after seeing a Promoted Pin (which you need a Business account to do; see below)
- 8 in 10 US women aged 22-54 with high incomes use Pinterest (#goldmine)
For deeper insights into who uses Pinterest and how they use it, check out Pinterest's Audience Insights. Pinterest used to have the reputation that "just mommies use it." But take a look at those statistics and no matter your niche or ideal client, I'll bet you'll now find them using - and engaging with - Pinterest.
So, clearly, Pinterest is somewhere that your Kajabi business should be hanging out :) Now let's talk about how to maximize Pinterest + Kajabi.
Do You Need a Business Account for Your Kajabi Site?
You may already have a Personal account for Pinterest, which is actually great because that means you've used it from the consumer end and understand how that side works. But even if you've never used Pinterest (here's Pinterest's comprehensive starter guide), you should get a Business account, which I'll explain how to do below.
Could you just use your Personal account for your business? Sure, you could. But getting a Business account will do 3 important things:
- You'll get free access to Pinterest Analytics and other tools that help grow your presence on Pinterest
- You can claim your website on Pinterest
- You can do Rich Pins which automatically includes your URL, etc. when you Pin from your own site
Should You Convert Your Existing Personal Pinterest Account to a Business Account?
The answer to this is completely up to you. Some things to consider in making your decision:
- Have you built up a lot of Followers and traffic that could benefit your business?
- Do you have Boards and Pins that are somewhat in line with your business? (e.g., you're a fitness coach and you already have a lot of diet, exercise, and workout boards)
- Do you have Boards you'd be willing to delete or hide if they're not serving your business? (e.g., you're a fitness coach and you have recipe boards you love but they're full of fattening or unhealthy foods because you have a crazy-fast metabolism that others don't, lol)
- Would the Pinning you plan to do for your business be a complete 180 from what you've posted to your Personal account, possibly confusing and alienating your Followers?
There are more things you'll consider that are individual to you, like "do I want the hassle of running 2 separate accounts?" and more. Again, the choice is yours.
How to Change Your Personal Pinterest Account to Business
If you already have a Personal Pinterest account and you want to convert it to a Business account, here's how:
- Log in to your account
- Go to pinterest.com/business/convert/
- Fill out your business name and website, then select a business type
- Click Create account
- instructions via Pinterest
How to Start a Pinterest Business Account from Scratch
Here's how to start a Pinterest Business account if you don't already have a Personal account that you're converting over:
- If you have a Personal account that you are NOT converting to Business, go to pinterest.com/logout to log out
- Go to pinterest.com/business/create/
- Fill out your email, password and business name then select a business type
- Click Create account
- instructions via Pinterest
Super easy, right?
What Should I Do Once I Have a Pinterest Business Account for My Kajabi Site?
If you're starting a fresh Business account on Pinterest, relax, grab your favorite drink, and start adding your Boards! Name one Board after your Kajabi site and Pin a bunch of links from it! If the "wrong" images come up, make sure maximize the SEO settings and add images for your Kajabi site, blog, and each Page that you Pin from.
Kajabi/Pinterest tip: Make a note of your Kajabi site traffic, opt-in rate, etc. NOW, then watch it grow with the influence of being on Pinterest. Have fun!
Don't forget to read the rest of my blog post series about using Pinterest with Kajabi! If you'd like to see all the articles on this topic, either click HERE or click the topic "Pinterest" in the right sidebar.
*Photos in this post are by Ivory Mix, one of my favorite feminine stock photo membership sites. Check out their free stock photos!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join the mailing list to receive the latest Kajabi and marketing news plus updates from the blog, right to your inbox 💌.